HireUTexas powered by Handshake is the university-wide job board providing free, simple access to the 50,000+ students and alumni of The University of Texas at Austin seeking job and internship opportunities.
HireUTexas is moving to Handshake! Visit app.joinhandshake.com to create an account and connect with UT Austin. The previous HireUTexas system is still available to students, alumni, and employers until March 1, 2019. Employers can login here to the legacy version of HireUTexas.
HireUTexas powered by Handshake is restricted to career-related and professionally-oriented jobs and internships. Postings are reviewed daily by career services staff during the business week. Please review our policies for posting positions here. For HireUTexas help, please review our Frequently Asked Questions below or contact HireUTexas at email@example.com or 512-471-2425.
The previous HireUTexas system is still available to students, alumni, and employers until March 1, 2019. Employers can login here to the legacy version of HireUTexas.
Frequently Asked HireUTexas powered by Handshake Posting Questions
I am only interested in recruiting for a specific skill set. Is HireUTexas the appropriate place to post my opportunity?
- There are multiple career services office at UT Austin, most of which also conduct their own job boards. Please consult the directory on the University Career Services homepage or call 512.471.2425 for a recruitment consultation. We are happy to discuss with you the many options you have for recruiting at UT Austin, and to provide guidance on where certain majors and specialities are found within the various colleges at UT Austin. In some cases, you may wish to post only on a college-specific job board, which is visible only to members of that college. In others, you may wish to post on HireUTexas powered by Handshake, which is visible to all students and alumni. Please note that HireUTexas powered by Handshake is often a good option when targeting alumni as opposed to current students because not all colleges allow alumni to access to their college-specific job boards.
How do I post my position on HireUTexas powered by Handshake?
- To post a job, visit the Handshake website.
- Login with your username and password.
- If this is your first visit to Handshake, please click on [Sign up for an Account].
- Handshake has a wealth of help articles specifically for employers to guide you through the process of posting jobs and more.
How much does is cost to post on the HireUTexas powered by Handshake job board?
- Posting on HireUTexas powered by Handshake is free; all jobs must meet UT Austin’s university-wide job posting policies to be approved by our school. Please review the posting policies here.
I posted my position and it’s active. However, we are not receiving a large number of applications. What can we do to increase the number of applications we are receiving?
- Contact the career service office(s) in the college/school(s) you are targeting for help promoting your opportunities, connecting with students and posting your jobs in their college-specific recruiting systems.
Frequently Asked UT Austin Recruiting Questions
I’m interested in attending a UT Career Fair, where can I find that information?
- Most of the colleges/schools within UT Austin host career fairs during the fall and/or spring semesters. Explore our campus-wide career fair schedule here.
Where can I find contact information for the career centers?
- You can find contact information for each college’s career center on the University Career Services homepage
I am interested in marketing to students with flyers, handouts, and/or an email blast. Can I send that information to HireUTexas powered by Handshake to send to the students?
- HireUTexas powered by Handshake functions solely as a job board with no ability to market directly to students. If you are interested in promoting your job(s) to students, please contact your targeted career center(s) to discuss your options.