HireUTexas powered by Handshake is the university-wide platform to search for career-related and professionally-oriented job and internship opportunities with employers seeking to hire UT students and alumni.
For information on other career services available to you as a UT student or alumni, please contact your college career services office.
HireUTexas powered by Handshake is UT EID password-protected and available to UT Austin currently enrolled students and degree-holding alumni.
Login Assistance for Current Students
Login at utaustin.joinhandshake.com using your EID credentials. Please do not attempt to log-in with an email address.
Please do not try to “sign up for an account.” If you are having difficulty logging in, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your EID. We will help you troubleshoot your log-in issues.
To request an alumni account in HireUTexas powered by Handshake, you must follow these steps in this order.
- First, ensure your EID is active and you know your password by using the EID self-help tools since you will ultimately use your EID credentials to log into Handshake.
- Next, claim your utexas.edu email address here, if you have not done so already.
- Update your directory information here to ensure that your email address is your utexas.edu address.
- Now you can request an account in Handshake by visiting utaustin.joinhandshake.com and clicking “Sign up for account.”
- Use your utexas.edu email address to request your account.
- Once approved, note that you will use your EID credentials—and not the password you created with Handshake—to log into your Handshake account at utaustin.joinhandshake.com
Are you having trouble logging in with your UT EID or do you not remember your UT EID?
- If you do not remember your UT EID, need to reactivate your UT EID, or are otherwise having trouble accessing HireUTexas with your EID and password, you can manage your UT EID here.
Is your UT EID active and your password correct, but you’re still having trouble logging in?
- If you have used the above EID self-service website to manage your EID and password and are continuing to experience difficulty accessing HireUTexas, please contact us for help at email@example.com or 512-471-2425. Be sure to include your EID in any inquiries.
Avoid Fraudulent Job Postings
When searching for jobs or internships using an online job site, be careful to steer clear of scam postings disguised as a promising position or internship. Learn how to avoid potential scams by identifying fraudulent postings and early warning signs with our Scam Job Posting Guide. You may also wish to review the Texas Workforce Commissions’s press release warning job seekers of false employment scams.