Central to the work of Texas Recruitment + Interview Services (TRIS) are its partnerships with UT’s 16 career services offices to provide on-campus interview space, HireUTexas administration, employer relations support, online resources, and recruitment data and information services. We have broken down our support services for easy reference and are available to discuss ways we can support your work on campus.
After reviewing the support services TRIS offers, we encourage you to reach out to us to let us know how we can assist with your programmatic or resource needs on campus.
Location: SSB 4.102
Phone: (512) 471-2425
Staff: Susanna Hill (Director), Philip Grace (Program Manager for Research & Access)
TRIS oversees a suite of 12 interview rooms available for booking by employers, career services offices, and other UT affiliates. The suite is particularly useful for employers recruiting from multiple colleges on campus but also serves as overflow space for career services offices when employers look to reserve booked up dates. Rooms can be reserved on behalf of employers via the TRIS Reservation Request Form.
TRIS administers the HireUTexas campus-wide job board, including activating administrative privileges and coordinating posting moderation. For staff responsible for moderating postings targeting a given college, the HireUTexas Moderation Guide can serve as a useful tool, particularly for new staff. We set the expectation with employers that postings will be moderated within five business days of submitting a posting, after which TRIS will moderate them if they remain in the unmoderated queue.
More than 10,000 job and internship opportunities are posted to HireUTexas each year, positioning it as an excellent resource for campus offices and programs seeking connections to opportunities across all of UT Austin’s schools. TRIS is able to create targeted job reports to deliver opportunities curated for your needs, including but not limited to any combination of:
- School (e.g. Business, Natural Sciences, Pharmacy)
- Job type (e.g. full-time, internship, part-time, contract/temporary)
- Location (e.g. Texas, New York, international)
- Company (e.g. active postings from Google)
- Degree (e.g. Bachelor’s, Masters, Doctorate)
- Experience level (e.g. none, entry-level, mid-career, executive)
Online Career Resources
As the RecruitUT webmaster, TRIS conducts inventories of publicly available career services and recruitment content and aggregates resources to promote resource access for employers, students, alumni, and campus partners as they navigate the University’s complex recruiting landscape.
- University Recruiting Policies
- Recruiting Touchpoints
- Employer Recruiting Guides
- Online Career Resources for Students/Alumni
- Graduate Student Career Resources
- Alumni Career Resources
- Career Resources for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
In addition to providing campus connections and information services to employers, TRIS provides research services to campus partners to support their advising and professional development programming for students. Topics include:
- Inventories of UT and external career resources
- Industry outlooks
- Demographic data by industry
- Data on the school-to-career pipeline
- Company-level organizational research
- Workplace developments (including workplace culture, flexible work options, and dress and etiquette)
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts by industry/organization
- Industry influencers and thought leadership
If you ever are in need of research to support your professional development advising and programming, we encourage you to e-mail us.
Know of additional career and recruiting resources you think would benefit the UT community and/or employers? Let us know via our suggest-a-resource form!